Hello. I’m Catherine Pope, the facilitator for this programme. Over the last six years, I’ve trained and coached more than 3,500 PhD students. You can find out more on my website.
The original Working Towards the Upgrade programme was opened to a cohort of 30 researchers. For six weeks, we joined together in webinars and peer groups to learn about different areas of academic research. All the content is now available as videos so you can work through it at your own pace. You’ll see there are also missions for you to complete.
By the end of the programme, you’ll be all set for the upgrade and the rest of your PhD.
Wishing you the best of luck!
The themes for the training are:
- Planning, Structuring, and Developing Your Thesis
- Creating Your Literature Review
- Developing Critical Reading Techniques
- Effective Note-Taking Strategies
- Boosting Your Writing Productivity
- Improving Your Writing Style