Are you a PhD supervisor or about to become one? If so, this module provides you with practical tips, resources, and ideas for improving the supervisory relationship.
We’ll address the key challenges of supporting research students throughout their PhD and guiding them to successful completion. Topics include coaching techniques, managing progress, and dealing with problems.
By the end of the module you’ll have:
- A greater understanding of the resources and wider support available to PGRs
- Ideas for addressing specific supervisory issues
- Templates for managing doctoral progress
- Guidance on performing a Training Needs Analysis
- An awareness of the diverse needs of PGRs